Drone over government buildings. There's an MIA reaction

natemat.pl 2 months ago
Prime Minister Donald Tusk informed on Monday evening that the drone flew over government buildings and Belvedere in Warsaw. The State Protection Service reacted quickly. There are 2 detainees. Meanwhile, Deputy Minister Wiesław Szczepański and SOP spokesperson Colonel Bogusław Piórkowski spoke about the details of the action.


It was after 8:00 p.m. on September 15 erstwhile a fresh post appeared on the profile of the head of government. Donald Tusk said in it that the Service of State Protection had " neutralized the drone operating over government buildings (Park) and Belvedere".

"Two Belarusian citizens were detained. Police analyse the circumstances of the incident," added the Prime Minister in his publication on the X platform.

MSWIA and SOP on the drone over the most crucial facilities in the country


Deputy Minister of Interior and Administration Wiesław Szczepański referred to this event on Polsat News. In his opinion, the defence strategy in this case worked very well. – This shows that the SOP and the Ministry of abroad Affairs services operate and defender the most crucial facilities in the country. This shows that Poland is safe and we effort to neutralise accidents – said Szczepański.

The details of the action were besides discussed in Polsata by the SOP spokesperson Colonel Bogusław Piórkowski. – State safety officers patrolling the area spotted a drone. The men who controlled the device were stopped in the act. They were handed over to the police – he passed.

Colonel Piórkowski besides spoke on TVN24, where he recalled that he was not allowed to fly over government buildings. “This is simply a no-fly zone, which is supervised by the State safety Service, so it is not possible to legally fly over specified government buildings in Warsaw and in the protection region of the SOP”, he stressed.

– We are inactive alert here, we are prepared for specified situations and we will always respond – said Colonel Piórkowski.

Let us remind that last week, erstwhile the Russian Federation carried out a massive attack on Ukraine, Polish airspace was breached by drones at least respective times. At the command of the Operational Commander of the RSZ, defensive procedures were launched at the time and the facilities that threatened the citizens most were shot down.

Read Entire Article