Prime Minister Donald Tusk reported that before talking to Donald Trump, scheduled for Wednesday, September 3, he would meet the President. He added that detailed instructions and recommendations were prepared for the President. Marcin Przycz from KPRP informed that they had received a letter from the Ministry of abroad Affairs.
Letter to the NAP
As Onet stated on Thursday, it is officially unknown what was included in the recommendations sent by the Ministry of abroad Affairs to the Presidential Palace, due to the fact that the paper is classified. Unofficially, however, 1 government authoritative pointed out that the letter raised 3 main issues.
The first concerns the continued presence of US troops on the east flank of NATO, including Poland. Americans are presently reviewing their military presence in the world, including Europe.
“For Americans, Asian theatre is becoming increasingly important, so there they will carry on expanding their strength and resources. Our task as a Polish diplomacy is to make certain that if the Americans start getting out of Europe, they don't get out of Poland either," emphasized the Polish diplomat, asking for anonymity.
Poland wants the American presence in our country to be "at least maintained" and preferably increased in the presence of the army, both in terms of the number of soldiers and equipment.
Another subject discussed is to aid Americans to Ukraine. Recommendations suggested that in talks with Donald Trump, the question of further peace talks and possible action should Putin not meet Zelenski.
The text was revealed by Robert Mazurek in Channel Zero. president of the Republic of Poland, Rafał Leśkiewicz, on Friday on tv in Poland24 said that the letter with guidelines prior to the President's visit to the United States did not contain "no circumstantial indications".
According to the spokesman, this was expected to be "an embarrassing position of the MFA". Leśkiewicz pointed out that the paper (one A4 card) included the message that "the president should take care of Poland's interests in talks with president Donald Trump".
In turn, MFA spokesperson Paweł Wroński stressed earlier in his interview with PAP that the president received guidelines and guidance from the government before abroad visits, so that 2 competitive abroad policies would not function in the country. He said the paper remained confidential.
Sikorski has advice for Nawrocki
Deputy Prime Minister and head of the Ministry of abroad Affairs, Radosław Sikorski, referred to the release of the letter on platform X. "The state of the Government for the visit of the president to the United States was not formally classified," he wrote on Saturday.
Sikorski spoke harshly to president Nawrocki in the context of his colleagues. "If I were the head of state, I would have checked which of his advisors was specified a fool," he pointed out.